Elements to Consider as you begin your eSign Project
Now that you have an understanding of the fundamentals of the eSign product, it’s important that you start thinking about and discussing additional elements that will need to be considered as we dive into your eSign implementation. This lesson will help guide you in those needed discussions.
- Understand the basics of User Authentication and Permissions
- Understand what a template is and how it relates to your business process
- Understand what an attachment is and how it relates to your business process
- Be able to discuss the different two-factor authentication options
- Understand search indexes/keywords
- Be able to discuss the current institution imaging or ECM system
- User authentication requires Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- User accounts facilitate the connection to remote signature based on user email address
- User permissions determine the features and functions users can access – user groups help streamline these permissions
- The four types of two-factor authentication have specific distinctions that should be considered early in the implementation
- Documents are identified by document type and indexes
- IMM eSign will send documents to the institution’s imaging or ECM system after the signing ceremonies are complete
This PDF serves as a summary guide for all lessons in Stage 1.
LDAP: A centralized storage place for usernames and passwords that allows many different applications and services to validate users
Azure Active Directory: An LDAP compatible cloud-based identity and access management service from Microsoft
Authentication: Term used to describe a user having access to a system or application
Permission: A term used to indicate a user’s right to perform a task or access a certain area of an application once authenticated
In Lesson 6 we will start discussing what needs to happen for your institution to be ready to begin your IMM eSign project. You can proceed to Lesson five by clicking on LESSON 6: The implementation process: What to Expect, How to Prepare below.